By: Rebecca LaPole
Save the Dates! Arise Music Festival presents its 5th Year Celebration this summer in Loveland at the beautiful Sunrise Ranch, August 4-7. This is our first in a series of six on the Road to Arise. Each month, we will feature a different facet of this amazing festival, because there is so much more to Arise than music. Everything from the Gaia Yoga Sanctuary, the Rainbow Lightning Children’s Village, to the Village of Healing, and diverse Theme Camps, Arise begs you to get involved … and we will cover each offering now through our August issue!
The first full weekend in August has held a special place in my life for the last three years. (In 2013, Arise’s first year, New West Fest (NWF), a Fort Collins staple, changed its date to overlap with the one Arise had chosen, resulting in a scheduling conflict, and yours truly missing it in favor of the tried and true (and FREE) NWF). As a music lover/Associate Editor of Scene Magazine, having an elite music fest such as Arise less than 30 minutes from my front door has been a life changer. My first true music festival experience was at Arise 2014 and I decided that night that I would never miss it again. The reasons: like-minded people, yoga everyday (with live music!), workshops, out of this world performances, art, and food, eco-consciousness everywhere, one of a kind clothing and gifts, camping, and a diverse musical line-up with something for everyone, including my friend’s kids!
Paul Bassis, co-founder of Arise, is proud to say that Arise is, “without a doubt the fastest growing music festival in Colorado because we have great music, a great festival atmosphere…” which segued perfectly into one of the headliner announcements: Atmosphere, of Minneapolis, MN! “Atmosphere has sold Red Rocks out since 2009, and this year, their appearance at Arise is a Colorado exclusive, along with Brother Ali, also from Minneapolis. He stands for a lot of the ideals of the festival, and we’re thrilled to have him be a part of the fest.” Bassis said, “Tipper who has a very dedicated fan base and recently sold out three nights in a row at the Fillmore, will exclusively be at ARISE for their Colorado tour stop as well.”
Arise programming, partnerships, promotions and AR guru, Aly Constine said, “We pick artists who embody the festival. They either have a conscious message in their music or are community activists in their area and/or nationally.” With eight stages to fill, including the Rock the Scene stage and the one for kids, some artists perform on more than one stage, which is wonderful for festival goers like me who just can’t be in two or more places at once, but want to see everybody. Rising Appalachia are return favorites this year, and I’ll never forget seeing them last year on the main (Eagle) stage during the day, and then attempting to cram into a smaller stage/tent to see them the following night.
Bassis said, “One thing about Arise is that it’s the full body experience. You’re camping with other people, doing yoga, workshops, and there’s this diversity of music. We’ve found that most people have diverse tastes, and really just love good music. I see the festival environment as an ecosystem that thrives when there’s diversity: musical, age, gender, ethnicity. When it all comes together for this experience, it enriches the environment.”
As the anticipation sets in, Bassis wants you to know, “More headliners will be released in May, so stay tuned, follow Scene, and sign up at the Arise website for the newsletter to be the first to know!”
• An independent, family run, leave no trace
event at Sunrise Ranch, Loveland.
• Children 12 and under FREE
• August 4-7, 2017
• Text “Arise3” to 555888 for your chance to Win.
• Enter To Win the ARISE GRAND PRIZE Glamour Camp Package for Two – courtesy of Outdoors Geek (Retail value $2000)
• ARISE in style like an ultimate VIP! You’ll receive two (2) 3-Day festival passes with VIP Westside upgrades and stay in a secluded part of the site in a deluxe @OutdoorsGeek Bell Tent for the whole festival weekend! Enjoy all the backstage VIP perks including VIP Happy Hour backstage, Hospitality perks and MORE!
• Two (2) 3-Day ARISE Festival Passes
• Two (2) Westside VIP Upgrades
• One (1) Glamour Camp Tent Package
• Glamour Camp Tent Package includes a 16.4’ diameter (5 meter) bell tent with heavy duty vinyl floor, 5’x 8’ oriental style rug, 1 Queen OR 2 Double beds, all bedding, pillows, bedside tables, camping chairs and lantern. See Arisefestival.com for details.