There are many things to love about Fort Collins. Its progressive way of thinking, its beautiful green summers, and historic Old Town are a few things that come to mind right away. But for me, there’s one thing that stands above all – the city’s passion for a quality drink. Like a baby loves its bottle, Fort Collins loves its beer. Because of this, there are a plethora of places to get a drink at your disposal. How are you supposed to know where you can get the most bang for your buck? Lucky for you, that’s where I come in. I’m going to give you the 6 best options for cheap drinks and a priceless night out.
East Side of Campus
- Bondi Beach Bar – 11 Old Town Square, Fort Collins, CO 80524. Bondi is one of the premiere spots for CSU students. If you’re looking for a place to get a cheap drink and also meet new people, look no further. Their specials run from Thursdays to Sundays, so expect chaos if you decide to go. You can find a good deal at pretty much any hour between Thursday and Sunday, but my go to is their $5 Long Islands on Friday/Saturday nights.
- Lucky Joe’s Sidewalk Saloon – 25 Old Town Square, Fort Collins, CO 80524. Joe’s is an odd, yet charming mix between an Irish pub and a western saloon. For those who have Snapchat, this is the place where you see girls gathering free peanuts and putting them in their purse’s. Joe’s is another place where you’ll find a gang-load of CSU students on the weekends. If you’d like to go during a less busy time, go on Tuesday and get yourself a Guinness pint for only $3.50.
- The Crown Pub – 134 South College Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80524. If you want to grab a cheap drink but don’t want your ears to be deafened by loud music and college kids yelling, you’re probably better off going to The Crown Pub. You can also find draft beers for only $3.50 every night of the week.
West Side of Campus
- Mo Jeaux’s – 820 City Park Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521. This place has arguably the best drink deals in the entire city. If you live on the west side of campus and want to get some beers for cheap, do yourself a favor and go to Mo Jeaux’s. You can expect $2 pints every day during their happy hour, but if you go on a Friday, you can get $1 pints from 9-12 p.m. That’s pretty nuts!
- Road 34 – 1213 West Elizabeth Street, Fort Collins, CO 80521. Another excellent choice on the west side of campus. You’ll find a wide variety of drink options here, but don’t underestimate the quality of the food as well. On the weekends, you can combine their nachos with a select micro pitcher for only $15. That’s a better one-two punch than PB&J.
- McClellan’s Brewing Company – 1035 South Taft Hill Road, Fort Collins, CO 80521. This place has flavors from all over the world. The head brewer – who was born in Scotland – implements classic Celtic brewing techniques into all of their original beers. Go to happy hour on any day between 2-6 p.m. and receive $1 off all house pints. They also have a dog-friendly patio area!