Twenty-eight K-12 art instructors from schools in Weld County will have the opportunity to have their artwork on display in the exhibit “Discovery – Art Educators Inspiring the Next Generation of Artists” at the Tointon Gallery, 651 10th Ave,. Ed Rogers, Chair of the Greeley Art Commission and retired Greeley art teacher, organized the exhibit. Rogers is passionate about art education, “the show is about the teachers who inspire all student artists,” says Rogers. In an effort to inspire the next generation of artists, this exhibit provides art teachers the opportunity to exhibit their artwork and highlight their artistic talents that oftentimes go unseen due to the prioritization and time constraints of being a teacher.
Several of the art teachers in this exhibit are practicing professionals who juggle teaching with being an artist, where the energy needed to teach, produce art and pursue professional art opportunities is high. This exhibit allows the teachers to take a moment and focus on being a professional artist. The exhibit also allows teachers to demonstrate their artistic abilities to their students and young people alike. The ability to show students and young people that art can be a career path can be incredibly inspiring.
The show begins with an opening reception and light refreshments on Friday, November 8 and runs through Saturday, November 30. The Tointon Gallery is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and during many of the performances at the Union Colony Civic Center. Admission to the gallery is free.
The artists/art teachers in this exhibit include:
High Schools and K-12 Schools in Weld County:
– Janelle Charterina, Kevin Rohnke, Joni Wilson and Janet McGlaughlin at Greeley Central High School.
– Travis Krause, Dawn Feiberg and Julie Hagemeister at Greeley West High School.
– Charles Luna and Lauren Thurman at Frontier High School.
– Gaylen Mcquown at Union Colony High School.
– Jason Rydgren and Wendi Oster at Platte Valley High School.
– Jeff Stone at Valley High School.
– Rachel Weigel and Jerod Butler at University School.
Middle Schools and K-8 Schools in Weld County:
– Karen Dyra and Joseph Archabald at Bella Romero Academy 4-8 Campus.
– Jeff Stone at Valley Middle School.
– Vickie Graber at Eaton Middle School.
– Luke Herbert at Ft. Lupton Middle School.
– Adrienne Wilson at Winograd K-8 School.
– Alyson Myers, Jill Burczyk at Chappelow Middle School.
– William Stults at Prairie Heights Middle School.
– Jennifer Lindquist at Heath Middle School.
– Felisha Brower at Salida Del Sol Academy.
Elementary Schools in Weld County:
– Julie Rivera at Shawsheen Elementary School.
– Jessica Ruby at Pete Mirich Elementary School.
– Veronica Markley at Jackson Elementary School.
– Nicole Gilbert at Monfort Elementary School.
The Tointon Gallery presents over ten changing shows annually to provide enjoyment, education and to encourage dialogue around art. To learn more about Greeley’s public gallery, please visit greeleyart.com or contact Kari Tamblyn at email@example.com.