On December 7, 2019, The Marigold Project will host a community-centered summit, People Power at INDUSTRY on Brighton Boulevard. The Marigold Project is Nathaniel Rateliff’s foundation established in 2017 to support community and nonprofit organizations working on economic and social justice. People Power opens the conversation around a wide range of topics rooted in social justice and how individuals can effectively drive social change and create a more equitable society.
The event will bring together local leaders along with activists from across the country to speak on panels and lead interactive discussions. Featured speakers include Jahmal Cole of My Block, My Hood, My City and Stasha Rhodes of The Hub Project. Sessions will cover:
- Organizing in Rural America
- The Role of Artists in Social Change
- How to be an Effective Ally
- Walk the Walk: Holding Ourselves & Our Organizations Accountable
- Self-Care & Bringing Our Whole Selves to Advocacy
- Knowing Your Role
- How to Effectively Lobby Your State Legislature
The Marigold Project understands that accessibility and equity are closely related and believes that equipping people with the connections and tools to effect social impact is essential. Tickets will be free for students, $25 for non-profit employees and $50 for individuals.