Have you experienced a hotel that is music-centric? The newly opened Elizabeth Hotel in downtown Fort Collins with two bars operated by Sage Restaurant Group has musically inspired details woven into every experience. The hotel is a gathering place that welcomes the community to build and grow within the walls and spaces that are elegant in design and thoughtful in approach.
Here are the top 5 ways you can enjoy the Elizabeth Hotel during Bohemian Nights at New West Fest:
- Start with coffee. A day is not complete without caffeine. Bowerbird walkup window serves everything the indoor coffee shop has to offer. Walk up with your favorite to-go mug and walk away ready for the day.
- Order a picnic. Food trucks and street food are amazing at New West Fest, but if you meet the love of your life, you may want to be a bit more impressive. Stop in the deli counter in the Emporium and get something special. You can even get wine to-go for an ultimate picnic.
- Happy-Hour cocktails in the firehouse alley. The Magic Rat garage doors are adjacent to the Firehouse Alley. Enjoy drinks and still be a part of the festival.
- Jazz overlooking the city. Perhaps you need to unwind after the full day of music and need a little chill. The Sunset Lounge has live jazz music and a view of the whole city. Enjoy overlooking the festival and a custom cocktail.
- Book a Staycation. The Elizabeth is at full capacity during the new west fest however while you are their dreaming, book your next staycation.
Travel to the back of Magic Rat and take the elevator up to Sunset Lounge, the rooftop bar known for its nightly jazz. A baby grand piano is a focal point in the center of the room, where Colorado musician Mark Sloniker plays at 7 p.m. every Wednesday-Saturday. Order the “Broken Strings” or “Rooftop Manhattan” and enjoy the views of the Front Range during the show.
In the lobby you pass The Elizabeth’s fabulous amenity, its Instrument Lending Library to enter Magic Rat, a unique take on a classy dive bar. The name was inspired by a line in Bruce Springsteen’s song, Jungleland, and you can see books, cocktails, and a signed keyboard signed by the E Street Band honoring Bruce in the space. Upon entering, you’re immediately drawn to the giant marquee that changes based on the live entertainment.
August is likely to be one of the most thriving months for the music city. You don’t have to go out of town to get the experience of culture, epic ambiance and a stellar music lineup. The Elizabeth Hotel can be a hub of all your desires, even if you aren’t a guest.