PechaKucha 20×20 is a simple presentation of 20 images on a screen for 20 seconds that last for 6:40 minutes. Images advance automatically as presenters guide the audience through with a narrative. PechaKucha Fort Collins host its fourth Presentation Night on Thursday, May 3, 6 – 8 p.m., at the Music District, 639 S.College Ave., Fort Collins, CO.
PechaKucha Night is an intimate, informal event meant to inspire the audience to think deeply about the presented topics and see it from a new point of view. PechaKucha Nights occur in over 1000 cities around the world. The mission is to give the community members a place to show and share their work in a relaxed way.
The PechaKucha 20×20 #4 lineup features:
- Saja Butler, Music Heals…..Here’s Why
- Lucas Casarez, Living the Dream: Why I Couldn’t Avoid Starting My Business
- Laurie P. Davis, Music and Acoustics in Architecture
- Mark Austin, Bango Music: The Communities Method of Coping
- Lara Mitofsky Neuss, Connection Through Improvisation
- Seth Silvers, Six Ways to Blend in with Locals When You Travel
- Jamaal “Boss Eagle” Curry, Never Give Up
- Christine Hays, “Gojira (Godzilla)” Cold War Connections
- Dewey Chapman, Perspective, and Change
- Jim Steinborn, A Life Diverted: How Chance Changed Everything
Astrid Klein and Mark Dytham of Klein Dytham architecture created this format of presenting in Tokyo, Japan. The mission is to keep their architecture presentations to a reasonable length while delivering compelling information. Following in the tradition of the original format, months before a PechaKucha Night, the public is asked to propose a presentation – sometimes with a theme, sometimes it’s an open call for proposals. The local organizing committee selects the presentations/topics.
The most exceptional presentations come from the passion of the presenter and their most profound interest. A majority of the speakers discuss their latest creative projects or the completion of a new project of devotion. The idea is to attend a PechaKucha, be inspired, gather with the community, then submit to present at the next event. RSVP for free on the Music District website, seats are limited. Find them on Facebook to learn more: https://www.facebook.com/PechaKuchaFortCollins/